Through deep googling for Treasure Island (the Navy base that was the furthest thing from anyone’s fantasy of pirates or buried treasure), I came across this view of my barracks (the modern ones) after having lived in the WW2 models not seen here.
You have arrived at this post because you searched for one of the following problems:
Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost … needs to be installed correctly
Error Code 0xC1900200 – 0x20008 (Code 0xC1900202 – 0x20008)
Windows 10 upgrade couldn’t update the system reserved partition
Your computer is not compatible with Windows10 (the supremely bitter irony when you are updating it)
If you share the same problem I struggled with for a week, then the resolution could be quite simple. It requires a tool downloaded from the net, some adjustments of your disk’s partition table, and (yet one more attempt to) update/upgrade.
What follows is not for the faint of heart, but it is within the skill set of any tinkerer. By that, I mean you know the risks; but if you don’t perform backups of your data–you don’t qualify, and I suggest you back away from this page right now.
Through considerable Googling of the terms above, I found a tool called MiniTool Partition Wizard Free reviewed on PCMag. There’s your resource for fixing (knock wood) the problem that brought you here.
The necessary operation is to take the OS partition (typically called C:) resize it a bit smaller (be generous, reduce it by at least double the size of the current system reserve partition) and then extend the system reserved partition to make it bigger. The MiniTool (free version) will let you change the edges of a partition. Do this at the point where they both neighbor each other. My situation had the system reserve lined up ahead of C: in the partition table. If your situation varies from my description, re-read everything for my intention.
FIRST: take memory off from the beginning of C: (this is what I did), and
SECOND: add the same amount of memory to the system reserve’s end.
THIRD: press the button on MiniTool to commit the change.
This rescued me from the useless, repetitive, unproductive efforts of Windows to self diagnose (it never had a clue), and correct the problem (that never was going to happen, this had been going on for every update for a year).