The Side-track Called Plotto Continues
Not much to say beyond that, except how things are progressing.
Having ripped the original text from William Wallace Cook’s Plotto, A New Method of Plot Suggestion for Writers of Creative Fiction, the greatest task of work was formatting all the material to be suited as prolog clauses. When stripped from PDF sources (scanners can do this conversion of text to PDF), this can be deceptively simple, and disastrously wrong.
The first problem is with end-of-line at every line. It takes effort to distinguish the true end of line, a new paragraph, from where PDF often inserts an end of a line occurring at the right margin of every line of text. Simply put, PDF conversions can take a 10 line paragraph (with several sentences) and translate that into 10 paragraphs of one line of text each (without consideration for sentence structure).
The second problem is poor translation of words, numbers, symbols, page numbers, page headings, AND all the smudges and broken type that might reside on a page.
The seduction of these problems is that PDF does a good job, about 80% accurate (a modest C in any class of instruction), but finding the 20% of errors takes a huge amount of time. I’ve been down this road many times and I have found mechanisms to correct 18%, but 2% remain to be found over many hours.
I am probably at that 98% accurate point as I add prolog clauses to consult the Plotto B Clauses and Conflicts. This effort demonstrates there is considerable potential to be found in a program accessible form of Plotto that I hope will emerge in the future along with, or as part of An Author’s Inspiration.